Foundation trust issues
We currently act for over 50 foundation trusts and have guided many of them through the whole application process. Thanks to our comprehensive understanding of current law and guidance we are ideally placed to help you shape, interpret, plan and provide for the proposed changes as they unfold.
Our extensive sector experience and wide precedents bank mean we can work with you to develop efficient and effective solutions that suit your organisation and its plans for the future.
Whether you are an established foundation trust or working towards authorisation; whether you are an acute, mental health or community services provider, we are uniquely well placed to support you.
What can we do to help you?
Support for aspirant foundation trusts includes:
- Step-by-step advice on successfully negotiating the application process
- Ready-made questionnaires and templates so you don't have to reinvent the wheel
- Informative board presentations to make sure your management team has the latest on FT issues
- Expert drafting and advice to ensure a tailored and future-proofed constitution
- Accessible induction seminars and training for governors in the new legislative environment
- Clear advice on the Code of Governance and officers duties and liabilities
- Negotiation and drafting of working capital facilities
- Up-to-the-minute guidance on the new financial freedoms and mitigation of associated risks
- Responsive support ahead of the Board to Board
- Contract audits and estate audits, focused on helping you make the most of your relationships and assets in challenging times
Our work with foundation trusts:
- Maintaining effective governance structures
- Driving a representative membership
- Negotiation and mediation of standard NHS contracts
- Comprehensive advice on strategic transactions including mergers, acquisitions and separations
- Procurement, together with contract bidding, development, negotiation and closure
- Fully protecting and exploiting intellectual property
- Joint ventures, service line outsourcings and public private partnerships
- Corporate finance and lending
- Achieving maximum efficiencies and maintaining income from the NHS estate, including making the most of the proposed freedoms
- Up-to-the-minute advice on the evolving competitive landscape
“Capsticks provides a service that is more than just the 'legals'. They understand the business pressures on us as a foundation trust, and have a range of solutions that are delivered in a joined-up way. They make their advice accessible across our organization in a tailored way that makes sense to end-users.”
Mary Edwards, Chief Executive, Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust