Estates & construction
We work with you to make and implement all your property decisions. As the largest dedicated healthcare property legal team in the country, with lawyers who have first-hand experience of working in a range of healthcare organisations, we can support you fully in managing all your property and construction needs.
Whether you are:
- managing a large estate, or simply needing to lease new premises
- relocating, or involved in building something new
- selling property, or considering merging with or acquiring another healthcare organisation or business
The estates team at Capsticks are ready to help you from start to finish whatever your objective. As part of an integrated team of over 200 healthcare legal specialists across our firm, we can make sure you always have access to the expertise you require.
Getting the right advice from the right people
The depth of our experience across the healthcare economy, combined with our team's extensive knowledge of the private sector, means that we can provide unrivalled legal advice on the operational and strategic property issues affecting your business.
Our advice is guided by the need not only to get things done, but to get them done properly, on time and within budget.
We appreciate the importance of reputational and accountability issues that our clients face on any transaction and we will work with you to manage these aspects successfully.
Our close and long-standing links with the Department of Health and regulators ensure we keep you up to date with the latest policy and legal developments that are relevant to you and your business.
We can help you with:
- estates rationalisation and strategic advice
- site acquisitions and disposals
- site developments and town and country planning
- development and construction
- lease negotiations and 3PD schemes
- building contracts and construction law advice
- sustainability and the Carbon Reduction Commitment
- keyworker accommodation projects
- NHS estatecode and general estate management advice
- estates management service
- LeasePlus and UnderleasePlus Agreements in NHS LIFT
- landlord and tenant matters
- resolving property and construction disputes
- estates aspects of commercial transactions including due diligence
- partnership working with local authorities
- rent and rates reimbursement for GP premises
- PPP, PFI and NHS Lift
Capsticks Estates Management Service
Our estates management service gives you confidential online access to a dedicated estates database containing scanned copies of your key legal estates documents, and easy to follow summaries of them. It also sends you automatic email alerts in advance of important dates.
Registered users should click here to access the service.
We now offer two different versions of the EMS. The standard version of the EMS provides access to scanned versions of your documents together with automatic email alerts.
The premium version of the EMS also includes easy to read summaries of all your property documents. For more information on subscribing to either version of the service, please contact Sam Hopkins.
“Capsticks specialises in health and social care assets, and lays claim to the UK’s largest healthcare property team.”
Legal 500, 2015
Estates & construction resources
- Estates Services
- Property developments for clinical services
- Mental Health Trusts: Our estates service
- Strategic estates solutions: an options appraisal
- Generating capital and revenue from trust estate: what next?
- Project & programme management - estates & capital projects
- Estates management service
- Disposals of surplus NHS land and property: An estatecode reminder
- Construction services
- Strategic estates solutions - More than just the law
- The CQC and your estate, making sure you’re compliant