Corporate & transactions
Any NHS body or care provider contemplating a significant transaction or major capital development project will be looking for a law firm that is at home with its particular requirements and circumstances. We have advised on some of the most significant deals in the health and social care sector and have a track record of completing groundbreaking and complex projects on time and within budget.
Our lawyers understand the tightening economic climate and work with clients to help deliver innovative schemes, both with private and public funding. Our team works seamlessly with our other specialists to provide you with a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary service. This ensures that issues are addressed quickly and effectively without disrupting your project timetable.
Our service includes:
- guiding you through the structuring, drafting and negotiation of mergers, acquisitions, separations and divestments; joint ventures and; franchising agreements
- the formation of corporate bodies, including social enterprises and charitable trusts, involving the drafting of tailored constitutions and arrangements between stakeholders/project partners
- restructurings and reorganisations
We also provide advisory support on:
- governance issues
- joint working arrangements
- foundation trust constitutional and liability advice
- transacting in compliance with competition regulations
- preparing for and navigating distressed financial situations (including compliance with officers' duties and mitigation of exposure throughout)
- interpretation of statutory powers
“Capsticks has worked with us on our market-leading merger of two large foundation trusts from early in the process. Their insight and knowledge about where to turn next in a changing legislative and regulatory framework has been extremely valuable to us.”
Gareth Corser, Director of Strategy and Business Development, Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust