Contracting & commercial
Capsticks' Commercial team is at the forefront of the changes affecting the structure of the NHS and the wider healthcare market. Our commercial lawyers have a unique blend of corporate experience and healthcare specialisms which means that we are unrivalled in terms of the breadth of expertise that we can offer you.
We understand the unique challenges and opportunities which face healthcare commissioners, providers and regulators and so can best leverage the complex interplay of guidance and policy on the legal issues which affect you.
We work to find pragmatic solutions for organisations that are focused on the tightening economic climate and changing policy landscape. In a novel situation we can provide innovative and bespoke solutions. If it has been done before, then we won't reinvent the wheel, but will utilise our specialist knowledge and experience to give our clients best value.
Our service includes helping you:
- deal with all commercial contracts between NHS bodies and third parties. We have a specialist team dealing with issues relating to the NHS standard contracts (acute, ambulance, mental health and community services) and APMS, GMS and PMS agreements, dental care agreements, polysystems and agreements for healthcare services in a secure setting
- structure, draft and negotiate:
-mergers and acquisitions
-all agreements in the context of Transforming Community Services
-re-organisation of NHS organisations and other restructuring
Our work includes:
- advising the Department of Health on the standard NHS contracts
- drafting and negotiating various joint working arrangements between foundation trusts, other NHS bodies and local authorities
- drafting and negotiating hosting agreements and advising on governance and vires issues in relation to specialist commissioning groups
- advising on major outsourcing and other services reconfigurations in both the public and private sectors
- advising SHAs and education providers on all aspects of healthcare education contracts
“One thing I really admire about everyone at Capsticks is that you go that extra mile.”
Candy Robbins, Chief Executive, Horizon Health