Our award winning GP legal support team provides specialist legal and business advice to GPs and practice managers nationally. We were named Legal Team of the Year at the General Practice Awards in 2015 and 2016!
We’ve specialised in the healthcare sector for over 35 years, which means that we have a deep understanding of how the system works, and how it affects GP services. This in turn allows us to identify problem areas at an early stage, and offer constructive, practical and cost efficient solutions at a time when general practice is under unprecedented strain.
We offer a full range of legal services to large corporate primary care providers, individual GP practices and practice managers, including:
- Core legal services: partnership agreements, all types of property work including sale and leaseback, the formation of robust GP federations and collaborations, practice mergers and acquisitions, employment law/HR queries, all types of primary care contracts including GMS, PMS and APMS.
- Specialist legal services: partnership dispute resolution and specialist mediation and facilitation service, property dispute resolution and litigation, setting up joint ventures and community interest companies, construction law advice, succession planning issues and solutions, applications for financial assistance, all advice in relation to CQC inspections, health & safety issues, advice in relation to mental capacity issues, Data Protection Act and information law advice including data sharing agreements.
- Additional services: specialist HR support package “CapFix for GPs” which offers outsourced HR solutions, business support services for GPs via Capsticks Business Solutions, and governance advice from our specialist team.
To see what others are saying about us click here.
- GP Premises - a new landscape
- GP Federation: checklist - practical considerations
- Practice Business article - January 2017 - Addressing underfunding in GP Premises
- Practice Matters CQC Inspections Getting the Right Result
- Practice Business - Expert Advice
- Entering into leases with NHS Property Services