Making the legal practical
Good governance helps organisations perform effectively. Our governance team identify weaknesses and help improve effectiveness and overall performance. And, because they are integrated with our legal practise, our governance consultancy will keep you ahead of the ever-changing legal and regulatory requirements you face.
Understanding what good governance looks like is tough. A lack of perspective can make it difficult to see where the problems lie. Changes to reviews and regulation make it even harder for boards to keep track.
Poor governance can damage the fragile trust between healthcare organisations and communities, and significantly impact on your standing with regulators. Equally, good governance is a hallmark of a high performing organisation.
We work with wide variety of health and social care providers, social housing providers and the mutual sector. Our clients benefit from being able to compare and contrast their situation with lessons learnt at other organisations.
Our team will show you what constitutes the latest in best practice. We work regularly with a range of codes of governance and regulatory frameworks and our senior associates bring a range of insights from different sectors. We also have strong links with the Good Governance Institute, who also work closely with many NHS boards.
With the full support of the Capsticks legal team behind us, we understand the legal ramifications of change and how that applies to governance in making sure organisations are fully compliant.
You might say we’re experts at making the governance practical and relevant to your circumstances.
We’re asked to review the effectiveness of a board. We start by reviewing board papers and looking at the cycle of business. We observe board and committee meetings and interview board members and other key staff. We conduct a skills audit and stakeholder survey and then discuss our findings with the board. Based on that discussion, we create a development plan to ensure governance is effective moving forward.
Organisations have more effective governance. We will challenge you with new ideas and thinking to develop governance that benefits your organisation and your standing with your regulators and stakeholders.
In short we:
- Give advice based on current guidance and best practice
- Reassure boards they’ve done the right things
- Help organisations avoid unfavourable reports
- Create strong relationships that have lasting value
- Bring perspective from other inspections
- Give senior leaders knowledge to share with wider team
- Have the legal expertise to help with inquests and investigations
- Governance Consultancy Service, subscription based advisory service
- Practical Support to Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Board Effectiveness Reviews 2014
- Board Governance Reviews
- Practical Governance Support to Social Enterprise
- Practical Governance Support to Social Housing
- Governance and Board Development
- Governance Consultancy Service
- Chairing Meetings Training Course
- Well Led Framework Governance Reviews
- Effective Minute Taking Course