Romano is an experienced non-contentious construction solicitor who has spent the majority of his career with large City legal practices in London.
Romano's construction experience has been very broad and he has worked for the full range of clients (both in the public and private sectors). Some examples of Romano’s experience is provided below:
- Acting on a full variety of development projects including large and small commercial and residential schemes, particularly based in Central London, the South East and Scotland.
- Drafting and negotiating the full suite of construction documents (including building contracts, professional appointments, performance bonds, parent company guarantees and collateral warranties)
- Expertise in different methods of building contract procurement and in both drafting bespoke agreements and amending industry standard forms (including JCT, NEC, RIBA, ACE and FIDIC)
- Extensive experience of Framework Agreements, Facilities Management, EPCs, Development Management and Pre-Construction Services agreements.
- Expertise in JCT Construction Management projects.
- Negotiating and reporting on the full suite of construction contracts including related property and banking documents such as Development Agreements, Agreements for Lease and Facility Agreements.
Law Society of England and Wales
MA (Law), Trinity Hall, Cambridge University