Daniel joined Capsticks in September 2016 as a solicitor in the Real Estate team based in the Leeds office.
Before commencing his training contract with a legal 500 firm, Daniel gained experience as a paralegal advising individuals in connection with the acquisition, disposal and remortgage of properties.
Daniel has advised a wide range of clients in both the private and healthcare sectors. In the private sector Daniel has acted for individual landlords, SMEs and PLCs on a wide range of property matters including lease renewals, transfers of part, option agreements, sales and purchases of properties including transfers businesses as a going concern and the acquisition and disposal of commercial properties.
In the public sector Daniel has advised private companies providing healthcare services and NHS Trusts on the disposal of parts of their hospital estates and other estates management matters including the grant of easements, licences and wayleaves. Daniel has also advised public sector organisations on the grant of leases both as landlord and tenant as well as advising on purchases and sales of both freehold and leasehold properties.
Daniel’s expertise spans the following;
- Negotiating and advising on Heads of Terms for leases and transfers of property
- Advising clients on the renewal, extension and termination of existing leases and the grant of underleases
- Complex title investigations and title reports for freehold and leasehold properties and resolving title issues by way of rectification applications, releases or insurance options
- Carrying out of due diligence on building contracts and drafting and agreeing warranties in respect of new site developments
- Advising clients in connection with leases and licences to carry out works relating to ambulance stations forming part of hospital sites.
LLB (Hons) University of Nottingham
Post graduate diploma in Law - College of law York