Ruth is a senior solicitor in the Commercial department at Capsticks and is based in their Leeds office providing corporate, commercial and contracting advice to NHS, private sector, social enterprise and charity clients nationally.
Ruth has a wealth of experience in a variety of corporate and commercial activities including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructuring, governance issues, intellectual property, contracting and insolvency.
Ruth specialises in working with primary care providers advising on a range of issues including partnership matters, primary care contracting, mergers and partnership changes and collaborative working arrangements.
Prior to joining Capsticks, Ruth undertook a specialist corporate/commercial training contract and qualified into a commercial team at a leading regional law firm providing corporate and commercial legal advice to private sector clients ranging from SME’s to AIM listed organisations.
Ruth has a wealth of experience drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements on behalf of NHS, private and third sector clients. Ruth has particular commercial expertise in IT and IP arrangements.
Ruth has acted for some significant private sector and NHS clients (in both a provider and commissioning capacity) on some significant software development projects.
With regard to IP, Ruth regularly advices NHS bodies on the identification and existence of IP, securing IP ownership, protection and exploitation. Ruth has recently worked on a number of integration projects for commissioners and alliance models with providers where she has provided advice to clients on the methods of shared IP ownership and exploitation.
- Providing Cambridge University Hospitals NHS FT and Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS FT with corporate advice on the best vehicle for pursuing and subsequently securing their joint bid for the provision of older peoples and community services to Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG.
- Assisting Sussex Partnership NHS FT in the formation and governance of a working corporate vehicle for the provision of a new joined-up integrated service for the provision of MSK services by a partnership of local health professionals.
- Advice to local academic institutions on the creation and governance of successful spin-offs centred around the development of significant intellectual property.
- Advice to local academic organisations on the development on commercial opportunities (including retail outlets) on campus.
- Advice to several public sector organisations on the creation of social enterprises for joint working models.
- Advising UHMB on the formation of an IT software subsidiary company for the development of healthcare related software packages in collaboration with a private software consultancy company.
- Advising HDI on the creation of an open platform Data Centre with a subscription membership model and working with HDI to produce workable governance arrangements through the constitution of the CIC.
- Assisting YHAHSN on several projects, including grants and secured investments, working with private sector organisations to improve technology and innovation within health and social care, including but not limited to the Wellbeing Programme, Improvement Academy and the Proof of Concept Programme.