Rashpal is an associate in Capsticks' Commercial team. She provides transactional, corporate/commercial and contractual advice to a range of NHS, private sector and social enterprise clients.
Rashpal has wide-ranging experience of NHS transactions (including statutory transfers) and has advised on a number of IT and outsourcing projects and joint venture and partnering arrangements (some involving social enterprises). On such projects, Rashpal has advised on the contractual arrangements between the parties to the transaction, constitutional and governance issues, and the supporting service level agreements.
Rashpal has extensive experience of providing pragmatic advice to achieve preferred outcomes as to risk management. Her familiarity with joint working/consortium arrangements assist in providing relevant advice to clients. Some of Rashpal’s recent work includes acting for and advising:
- an NHS Trust in connection with an IT managed services agreement pursuant to which the trust hosted a finance and procurement management information system for a number of other trusts
- on a number of pathology service reconfigurations. Essentially the transactions take the forms of a joint venture that consolidates the pathology services of two or more providers under a single management structure.
- an NHS Trust in connection with the implementation of an electronic patients records IT system
- an NHS trust in its outsourcing of pharmacy services
- a private hospital in the implementation of a Radiology Information System and Picture Archiving & Communications System
- a private hospital in outsourcing its pathology services with the aim of reducing costs and improving performance, and
- a foundation trust in its long term partnership with a private company to develop a new £4m facility to deliver a new model of care for adults suffering from mental health conditions transitioning back to life in the community.
Rashpal also advises education commissioners, universities and other education providers on a variety of education commissioning and contracting matters.
Before joining Capsticks in 2008, Rashpal worked in a London firm on a wide range of commercial and corporate transactional work, including advising on various projects, acquisitions and disposal, joint venture and share issues. Rashpal's experience also includes advising and negotiating finance and banking arrangements.
- Advising NHS London and drafting bespoke contracts for commissioning education/training services
- Advising Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth on its RIS/PACs contract and on outsourcing its pathology services
- Advising a foundation trust on a joint venture with a private sector company in relation to the provision of rehabilitation services
'Preparing your Healthcare Business for Sale', published in the Commercial Bulletin, Autumn 2008
'Contractual Best Practices', published in HSJ, Spring 2012
LLB (Hons) Birmingham University
LPC - College of Law