Jacqui has fifteen years’ experience of advising NHS organisations on a wide range of employment issues. Having spent time as an in-house employment lawyer in the Higher Education Sector, Jacqui has the experience of being a client, managing external law firms. Jacqui leads our Birmingham Employment team and ensures that the advice which clients receive is practical and commercially focused allowing clients to achieve their business objectives.
Jacqui has a particular interest and expertise in:
- Handling complex multi party discrimination and whistle blowing claims
- Handling complex cases where staff have raised clinical concerns both internally and externally
- Advising Trusts on Managing Doctors conduct, capability and health investigations from the initial concern through to hearings
- Managing doctors investigations and disciplinary hearings
- Advising on GMC hearings and the impact of sanctions imposed by the GMC
- Senior level termination issues
- Defending race discrimination claims arising out of Clinical Excellence Awards process
- Project management and advice on collective consultation, TUPE and redundancy programmes
She is also a regular contributor to training and development for NHS managers, HR teams and boards.
LLB, Staffordshire University 1995
Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies, Birmingham 1996