Rachael works with health and social care clients (public and private) on employment and governance issues as well as wider business strategy. Her practice includes handling high profile executive cases, major national organisational change, TUPE, and complex doctors’ issues.
Rachael is a member of Capsticks' Board, which focuses on the firm's strategic planning and business development.
- Rachael Heenan receives praise for her "strong understanding of employment law and how it relates to the NHS." Legal 500 UK, 2010 Edition, Employment, Yorkshire.
- Rachael Heenan is....praised for her "superb presentation and quick replies." Chambers UK, 2011 Edition, Healthcare, London & UK-Wide.
- Rachael Heenan... earns substantial client praise, with one saying: "She is exceptionally good at developing a strategy, and extremely speedy." Chambers UK, 2012 Edition, Healthcare, London & UK-Wide.
- The ‘pragmatic’ and ‘personable’ Rachael Heenan acted for Chesterfield NHS Foundation Trust in a £4m Supreme Court dispute with a former employee. Legal 500 2012 Edition, Employment, Yorkshire.
The ‘excellent’ Rachael Heenan and her team regularly work with PCT clusters on the development of clinical commissioning groups. Legal 500 2012 Edition, Healthcare Yorkshire.
- "Solicitor of choice" Rachael Heenan. She has "significant knowledge and expertise" advising NHS clients on a range of complex strategic and litigious matters. Chambers UK 2013: Employment Yorkshire
The ‘fantastic’ Rachael Heenan heads the team, which includes Ron Simms and Claire Reynolds. Legal 500 2013 Edition, Employment, Yorkshire
- Rachael Heenan regularly handles high-profile cases and has been described by a client as "the fount of all knowledge. She seems to be available 24 hours a day and the skills and expertise she has built over the years are second to none." Chambers UK 2014: Employment Yorkshire.
Employment Lawyers Association
Industrial Law Society
Woman on Boards
Cappuccino Cycling Club
LLB Hons – University of London
LLM – University of London