Helen is a senior lawyer with Capsticks specialising in housing management litigation for registered providers and local authorities.
Helen is a social housing specialist who recently re-joined the team having spent over 4 years in house at Southampton City Council. Helen originally joined the social housing department in 2006 and went on to complete a bespoke training contract focusing on all aspects of social housing both contentious and non-contentious providing a sound understanding of the needs, challenges and pressures on registered providers of social housing and that it is essential to partner the client to provide the most suitable and cost effective solution to housing management issues.
Since qualifying as a solicitor in 2008 Helen has practised exclusively in the area of housing management litigation representing landlords.
Helen deals with a wide range of matters. Her expertise includes complex possession claims, Anti-social Behaviour Injunctions, committal applications, squatter and trespasser claims, disrepair claims and complex disrepair counterclaims, capacity issues including Court of Protection, mental capacity and safeguarding.
Helen also deals with advising on policies, procedures and protocols, attending and advising at meetings including case conferences with other agencies during the decision making process, and delivering training.
Helen is a keen advocate, undertaking advocacy in both the County Court and Magistrates Court.
What others say about Helen:
- “another excellent year…giving detailed and complex advice to our clients”
- “a real team player who is always willing to assist others”
- “a valued member of the team and section and is well thought of by our housing and ASB clients”
- “completely dependable”
- “always gives 100% and strives to assist her clients and support them in their objectives”
- “a very personable young woman and doing all she can for clients and colleagues alike is important to her – and she is well liked and respected for it.”
- “well organised”
LLB Southampton University 2003
Legal Practice Course 2004