Mark Paget Skelin
Mark became a partner in Capsticks’ Real Estate & Construction team in 2002. He undertakes a wide range of healthcare commercial property work, and has extensive experience in surplus land disposals, overcoming title difficulties, negotiating overage and clawback provisions, section 106 agreements, keyworker accommodation schemes and all aspects of lease negotiations and development agreements.
Mark has led the Capsticks team both on NHS LIFT development projects on a number of keyworker accommodation redevelopments.
Mark also acts on third party development projects, innovative sale and leaseback arrangements, other PPP primary healthcare schemes, and he advises and lectures widely on NHS estates issues and NHS Estatecode compliance in the context of land and property transactions. Mark has a particular interest in sustainability and green lease issues and their impact on the NHS built environment.
- £220m Nottingham Queens Medical Centre ISTC (Nations Healthcare Limited)
- £47m Barking & Havering LIFT (tranches 1, 2 and 3), Barking & Dagenham and Havering PCTs and Partnerships for Health Limited
- £23m staff accommodation, Barking Havering and Redbridge, Barnet Healthcare and South Bucks NHS Trusts
- £10m QEII staff accommodation scheme, East & North Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- East Surrey Hospital staff accommodation scheme, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
‘PropCo’s Prescription’, Estates Gazette, Mark Paget Skelin, June 2012
‘Strategic Asset Management’, Health Service Journal, Mark Paget Skelin, 2007
‘Beware the Hazards when offloading a freehold’, Health Service Journal, Mark Paget Skelin and David Firth, July 2004
LLB (Hons) London School of Economics