Michelle Upfield is a senior lawyer at Capsticks working in the Social Housing Asset Management team. She deals with a wide range of property work which includes dealing with the sale and purchase of properties for Registered Providers, sales of properties under the Right to Buy legislation, negotiating Section 106 and other infrastructure Agreements, dealing with Deeds of Release/Rectification/Variation and providing advice to Registered Providers on a variety of topics.
Michelle specialises in charging work for a number of Registered Providers and is experienced in investigating and reporting on titles, advising on restrictive covenants and also overcoming title difficulties.
Michelle has also previously worked for a local authority legal team where she gained experience in the following areas:
- Advising on a range of subjects including highways, housing, environmental health and planning matters
- Property matters including Right to Buy disposals, commercial leases, advising on land law issues and more complex title matters
- Service Level and Management Agreements
- Contract matters including advising on contracts for the provision of the following:
- Computer equipment and associated services
- CCTV (provision of equipment and monitoring services)
- Building maintenance
- Grounds maintenance
- Management of leisure facilities
- Waste management services
Was lead lawyer in a major securitisation for a London based Registered Provider's Bond Issue and for a regional based Registered Provider in their first securitisation of stock under a Private Placement scheme.
BA (Hons) Law