Mike is an associate with Capsticks and is part of Kevin Steele’s team that advises on a wide variety of property based projects for Registered Providers of Social Housing. He specialises in secured lending, commercial property landlord and tenant and real estate acquisitions and disposals. He works with the team on stock rationalisation programmes and new build development schemes including land acquisitions and development agreements.
Mike’s work includes acting for RP’s seeking to obtain an income from their retail premises within their residential developments and the acquisition, disposal and leasing of warehouse and office accommodation for the RP’s own use. He deals with leasing residential accommodation to be used for student lettings, for care homes and extra care schemes and has provided a model lease for supported housing schemes.
Prior to joining Capsticks, Mike has worked in the London and Oxford areas in both local government and industry specialising in commercial property and studied part-time to qualify as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives before going on to further qualify as a Solicitor in 1995.
- Acting for a leading South West Registered Provider in obtaining secured lending worth £26 million over 10 residential developments
- Worked as a part of a team dealing with funding in trenches for a local RP
- Lead on the £18 million stock rationalisation programme involving 10 sites in the South West between Registered Providers
- Development project for a Registered Provider worth £2 million
- Assisting a number of RP’s with the provision of Extra Care by preparing occupational leases and working in conjunction with governance colleagues
Post Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law 1995