Henry is head of our Real Estate team in the Midlands. He joined Capsticks upon qualification as a lawyer in 2008, after training with a leading City law firm.
Henry delivers a broad range of commercial property work for healthcare clients including NHS organisations (commissioner and provider), social enterprises, national health and social care charities and GP practices.
Henry’s work includes:
- the acquisition and disposal of development properties including complex conditional contracts
- third party developments
- LIFT schemes
- managing large scale due diligence on business sales
- the negotiations of commercial leases
- large scale occupancy regularisation projects
- general landlord and tenant law including licences to alter, licences to underlet, rent reviews and wayleave agreements
- NHS capital grant agreements and associated deeds of charge
- Premises aspects of GP and other primary care contracts including advice on the Premises Cost Directions
Henry is also a member of West Midlands HefmA, and lectures regularly on NHS Estates issues and primary care contracting, including NHS Estatecode, the Premises Cost Directions and NHS joint ventures.
- Acting for Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust on the multi-million pound disposal of it City Hospital site to the HCA for housing as part of the government’s accelerated housing programme (2017).
- Acted for 2gether NHS Foundation Trust in connection with its acquisition of new HQ office premises (2016).
- Acted for Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust in relation to the creation of a vanguard Multi-Speciality Community Provider (MCP) in Hampshire (2015-present).
- Dealt with the property arrangements associated with a number of acquisitions / mergers of NHS Trusts (2014-present).
- Acted for a private healthcare provider in relation to the development of five new radiotherapy cancer treatment centres in the UK (2014-present).
- Jointly acting for South Staffordshire and Shropshire NHS FT and the Department for Health on the three phase disposal of Shelton Hospital to a developer (2013-present).
- Advising a national charity on the surrender of the lease of its existing headquarters and the simultaneous acquisition of a lease of its proposed new headquarter building (2013-present).
- Led the property due diligence and Property Transfer Scheme work for 12 PCTs as part of the abolition of the PCTs and the restructure of NHS commissioning (2012—2013).
- Led the property aspects of 6 TCS transactions; advising on the business transfer agreements and associated lease, licence and other property documentation (2010-11).
- Acted for various PCTs on the transfer and redevelopment of around 70 properties, occupied by people with learning difficulties, to various housing providers (2008-2012).
- Acted for Lewisham PCT on the disposal of its previous headquarters/ old hospital site (2008 -2012).
- Acted for Tower Hamlets PCT on two separate developments of health centres by Barratt Homes (2008-2012).
BSc Hons, Edinburgh University, Physiology, 2003
Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law, 2005
Diploma in Legal Practice, 2006