Modern slavery and human trafficking statement
We are acutely aware of the need for transparency in our supply chains, and we recognise the role that businesses like ours can play in tackling slavery and human trafficking. The level of our annual turnover means that Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 applies to us and we have taken steps to ensure that slavery and human trafficking are not taking place in any of our supply chains or in any part of our business.
As a provider of legal services, with a range of offices across England, but with no presence internationally, our supply chain is a relatively short, un-complex one. However, the same principles apply as for a multi-national corporation, with different subsidiaries providing a broad range of goods and services across different legal jurisdictions. Our statement, compliant with the new Section 54 obligation, confirms the steps we are already taking to contribute to the eradication of modern day slavery and human trafficking. These are, in summary:
- Identifying the scope and structure of our business, and the supply chains that serve it (and those likely to do so in coming years)
- Preparing drafts of appropriate policies in relation to slavery and human trafficking, getting ready to train staff of the key points of these policies, and incorporating the policies into our broader Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives
- An initial analysis of the due diligence processes we use in relation to slavery and trafficking, both in our business and in our supply chains. Part of this is in the way we procure the goods and services to support our principal business, and what questions we ask to assure ourselves on these issues. Another is to examine carefully our existing and prospective clients to ensure they have in place the same precautions
- Identifying where in our business and supply chains there is a risk of slavery and trafficking and the steps we have taken to assess and manage that risk
- Measuring the effectiveness of the above steps in ensuring that our business and our supply chains do not involve slavery or human trafficking in any way