Corporate social responsibility
Capsticks recognises that we have a responsibility as a business to contribute to our community. We try to embed this principle in every part of our business; from state-of-the-art sustainability in our new London office, to developing and encouraging alternative entry routes to the profession and career development.
In addition, the Capsticks CSR Programme helps employees to engage with our community. It unites our staff and embeds the business firmly, and positively, in our local community. Staff across the firm are encouraged to make use of the firm's communication tools (including a CSR microsite, an intranet blog and a charities fair) to create and sustain firm-wide and individual charitable initiatives, such as:
- Supporting older and vulnerable people in the community
- Financial support and exhibition space for a local art college
- The expanding, and deepening of our long-term corporate relationship with Royal Hospital for Neuro- Disability (RHN), engaging a wide range of Capsticks staff
- Pro Bono support to South West London Law Centres
- Legal book donation to African Prisons Project's education programmes in Uganda
We have enabled individuals to promote and pursue diverse interests. Staff have promoted their own charitable initiatives, selected the rotating art collections in our office, and formed triathlon teams between departments and offices to raise money. Employee-driven initiatives have increased levels of staff engagement, helping the firm to become an engaged, visible and positive participant in our local and wider community.